skip to Main Content


Who should a Singaporean seek assistance from when overseas?

Singaporeans in distress overseas can seek consular assistance during and after regular office hours. However, please note that the nearest Singapore Mission at your destination may not necessarily be accredited to the country you are in. If there is no Singapore Mission nearby, you may wish to call the MFA Duty Officer in Singapore at (65) 6379-8800.

If you are unsure, you can contact us and we will assist to contact the authorities.

What are the documents I would need for repatriation?

Flying Home will assist in processing the necessary documents with the relevant authorities.

General documents required are:

  • Original death certificate (a copy of an English translation is required if the death certificate is in a foreign language);
  • Passport of the deceased;
  • Export/Import Permit.

However, different countries may have a different mandate. We will advise accordingly.

Can a foreign citizen be cremated/buried in Singapore?

Foreigners are allowed to be cremated in Singapore. Niches must be purchased from a private columbarium.

Foreigners are allowed to be buried in Singapore only if the next-of-kin is a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.

Back To Top